Win a Trend T18S/R14 18V cordless 1/4in brushless router kit – worth £398 – part 2 of entry

Tegan Foley

We’ve teamed up with Trend to give one lucky reader the chance to win a complete T18S cordless router kit, which includes everything you need to get started

In order to complete the second part of the entry requirements for this competition, in addition to answering the multiple choice question here – www.thewoodworkermag.com/category/win – tell us below why you’d like to win this particular prize

If you're not already a member of our forum, see the top right-hand of the page and click the 'sign up' button – follow instructions from here

Unknown.jpeg

I have always found Trend products provide the best quality and value you can buy. I already have two Trend mains powered routers, a T4 and a T10, and a very large selection of Trend router bits and a wide range of attachments including a Routabout Hole cutter and a Multifunctional Pivot Frame Jig (I've been working with wood for a long time!). I also have a Trend Pro pocket hole jig, a Trend dovetail jig and, for when the going gets dusty, an Airshield Pro. A T18S cordless router would be a very valuable addition to my toolkit and cable free routing would provide a new dimension to my routing both in and away from the workshop.

I own a nice set of router bits by Trend, and am really impressed with the quality, but I'm currently using them with an old hand-me-down router that used to belong to my dad. It would be great to pair them with a new Trend router, especially this cordless version for more flexible working.

I have the Trend PRT Router table and T11 workshop Router also the T10 Tradesman Router which I find can be a bit bulky for some of the work I do. 

With the benefits of the Trend T18S/R14K1 18V 1/4in Brushless router kit means no worries about the wire getting in the way which would allow me to concentrate more on the work in front of me also I've been thinking of buying a smaller router for some time, so glad to see there is a Trend  wireless one on the market. It would be great to own this one for all the above reasons. 

Edited by John Rafferty
Missed out a word

With a newborn son and a demanding wife (lethal combo) I would love to own this bit of kit. The trend name speaks for itself and with the cordless capability this offers it would allow me to start in on some of the jobs and projects in the house. For the little one and for the one who must be obeyed!

The router offers outstanding quality, totally portable and no cable to wrap around legs especially in cold weather when the cable becomes a return spring, also the 2.25kg is an ideal weight for a router that can be used in any situation either on site or in a workshop. 

Hi all. 

Would love to win this router. I've made the bold move to turn my hobby into my business and this would be a wonderful addition to my toolbox. 

Not yet been able to afford this level of quality. Currently teaching my son how to use my tatty old version. 

I’d love to win because the design, engineering and quality control of Trend’s products coupled with the interchangeable bases and many useful features would mean I would be able to rout easily – and to a high standard – a variety of jobs in any situation.